Saturday, June 26, 2010

Why shouldn't we pop pimples/zits?

i don't get why people say not to pop your zits.


why shouldn't we? and what happens to your zit if you don't pop it?


PLEASE HELP! i dunno what to do with this zit on my chin that hurts a lot...Why shouldn't we pop pimples/zits?
Popping them usually drives the infection deeper into the surrounding tissue than it was before you popped them. The resulting more serious infection usually requires a doctor's care.Why shouldn't we pop pimples/zits?
There is a right way %26amp; a wrong way to pop zits. You have to be really careful in popping zits because you can damage the tissue, skin, which can cause scars. Also, you want to make sure you clean the area before %26amp; after to make sure you help reduce spreading bacteria to cause more zits. Want for the zit to make a head %26amp; use a warm cloth on it. Then you can pop it. Be careful not to bruise the skin or it can cause scarring. If you are unsure, find a good Esthetician %26amp; have them show you. Good luck!
If you squeeze a pimple, some of the bacteria can be pushed farther under the skin, it creates an open area for more germs to enter, and it can make the pimple worse, or make new pimples close by. Also, squeezing can damage the area and create possible scarring/pitting. Those dark marks that appear after a pimple is healing aren't really scars and will fade, but pit style scars are permanent. Sometimes if a pimple is really close to popping, I personally think it would probably be ok to soak it carefully, gently with warm water and a wash cloth, but don't squeeze it. It will look redder and more noticeable if you do this, but it may empty out one that is about to pop. I doubt a doctor would recommend that, though. Any popped stuff is supposedly more likely to cause problems, but I've been in the situation where I'd rather go out on a date with an open one than one filled with gross white stuff. Don't pick at it, though. The best thing to do is to prevent the acne to begin with. The same thing does not work for everyone. I first got acne at age thirteen, and would get occasional large, cyst style pimples. By 14, I stopped getting acne. It was nice all through high school. Then for some reason in college, I got horrible, painful cystic acne. I felt really bad about it. It was all over my cheeks especially, but I also got it all over the rest of my face, including chest and back. I was so upset, and I finally went to the dermatologist. They do a combination approach. Often this includes tetracycline antibiotics, such as minocycline, which will really help with any of those painful ones. There will also be a face wash, currently I'm using sufacetamide face wash and sulfacetamide clear lotion, which is the only thing that has ever really worked for me, though clindamycin and benzol peroxide are other possibilities. salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide preparations are also often available over the counter, though I always needed prescription-strength. After you put on the face wash there will be a leave-on product. Then, there will be Retin-A. I use Retin-A micro. After that you need a good moisturizer. If your face gets too dry, it will break out worse. Sounds funny, but your face will produce more oil and you will break out, so your dermatologist will suggest Cetaphil or Oil of Olay oil-free moisturizer, etc. Then, the doctor will have you come in monthly for dry ice or chemical peel facial treatments. At nearly 30, I still get some acne, but with use of the medications, it is rare. I am now off the antibiotics for now. One other option for women is some types of birth control pills. Some people's acne is affected by hormones, and the pill may help those individuals. Stress reduction is also key, so any exercise is helpful, because stress can contribute to acne. If you want to get rid of a painful pimple currently on your face, I've found that if I start the minocycline antibiotic as soon as I feel the pain, and put a little extra of the topical product on, that it heals up faster. And your doctor may disagree, but I really wouldn't recommend Accutane. It's a last resort drug that is really harmful to pregnant ladies' babies. Also, it has really nasty side effects such as hair loss, weight gain, dryness, intolerance to contact lenses, fatigue, nausea, depression, suicide. Only do it if nothing else works. For some it has worked wonders, but I didn't want to risk it, and eventually over the years with the combination treatment approach, my acne improved somewhat on its own, however the dermatologist warned me that it could worsen if I ever got pregnant, due to hormone changes. He said he gets a lot of patients that are in their 30s, and stuff. So acne is just a lifelong battle for many people. Good luck, and find some medication that works for you to prevent scarring. I wish I had know about medication when I was 13. Maybe I could have prevented this hole on the left side of my nose. Good luck with treating your acne.
Because it may or may not leave a scar but personally i dont like to risk it cause i have enough acne scars and i cant risk getting anymore but i heard honey helps for pimples and toothpast helpes dry it up and make it go a way faster.Hope i helped:)
Scarring mainly.





I vote for the toothpaste too. It dries them out, and gets rid of the redness. Works for me anyway.





Popping them just makes it look worse anyway. I'd rather a small spot than a great big red mark.
becaues my dermatologist said not to


why?


leaves a scar


TRUST ME


i have post acne scars for popping pimples


but some of them scar some dont





DONT take a chance just conceal that sucker
def don't pop it but to make it go away faster put some toothpaste on it leave it for a while it will dry up and go away
They may leave a scar, you may get an infection etc.....





Personally, I risk it, I gotta pop it!
Because they leave scars, and spread the face with other pimples.
because it will get deeper and leave to u a scar so u can't get rid of it easily don't touch it
it can spread infection

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
secured loan